Monday, December 28, 2015

How to learn windsurfing? My beginnings!

With windsurfing it is more or less same as with any other sports. You can learn very fast to a degree that will be more than enough for most recreational and vacation windsurfers, but it can take really long to master it.

In next few posts I'll try to go through my personal experience and learning process which I hope will help you start and progress faster. And yes, this is not a guide for kids.

My current level of windsurfing is ,.. Well I have no idea how to define my level of windsurfing. Let say I can't always execute a carve-jibe :-) I'm still learning and I hope I will be learning for a long years to come.

But let us start with the beginnings.

I started windsurfing really more by accident then by choice about good 4 years ago. It was my ex who complained a lot about going to the seaside and how there is nothing to do, etc. and lets buy a windsurf so she could windsurf ... me, I'm in love with the sea and everything connected with it. I don't imagine any other vacation than something related to the sea. Tried it many times ... did not work. I just have to get my dose of salt each year I guess. It charges my batteries like nothing else, and my daughter loves the sea as kids generally do, so windsurf it was.

So what to do now?  I had no experience in windsurfing. Did some back when I was a kid but that was a good 30 years ago. Technology has probably changed ... Where to buy? What to buy? How to buy? Actually if you are a total newbie you really don't have as many questions at all. If you have some money you go to a surf store and they will advise you on what to buy and you will almost for sure make your first mistake :)

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment