Sunday, November 9, 2014

GPS tracking with www.sports-tracker.com

Here is something I wanted to do for a long time. Track a windsurf session with a GPS.

I used an android phone in waterproof bag. Application is as you can see from the title the Sports Tracker. It was a recommended free app for windsurfing. I think it is enough for a start.

I was at Seča a few days ago. Wind was really strong. On land we measured between 25-30 knots but was even stronger on watter - up to 35 knots I think.

I went in with my 4,7 Challenger Konda and Fanatic HAWK 93 with 31cm fin. I was overpowered most of the time. After I changed the fin to 28 cm it was much better.

The ride was at moments really fast. Watter was choppy that's why the speeds recorded felt even faster I guess.

Well, all the data can be stored, shared and edited at the portal of the sports tracker. This way it is really easy to keep a sort of log.

Here is the session: http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/gregorpi/545a69b9e4b08e603ce5feb9


No comments:

Post a Comment